06 Dec It’s a busy winter for mediation in Montana!
As the year winds down and comes to a close, mediation-related offerings, trainings and events are heating up. Check out the MtMA newsletter below for all of your Montana mediation news:
Billings Mediation Center offering free referral service for MtMA-certified mediators – The Billings Mediation Center has begun providing a no-cost referral and scheduling service for MtMA-certified mediators. When the center has cases requiring mediators, it collects a nominal administrative fee from the parties to locate available mediators and manage the scheduling among everyone involved. There is no cost to the mediators, and the hourly rates are set by the center, which also accepts sliding scale cases. If you are interested in taking advantage of this MtMA member benefit, make sure you are current on your MtMA dues and your profile on the MtMA website is up to date.
Upcoming Mediation Events and Training in Montana and the region:
Foundations of Mediation Training (Missoula)
- Through its training, Missoula’s Community Dispute Resolution Center (CDRC) has been molding skilled mediators for over twenty years
- This highly acclaimed 40-hour training will also include Advanced Mediation Topics in Workplace Issues and Family Mediation, and will provide you with the skills needed to help create a more positive and peaceful community and offer you the initial stepping-stones to becoming an MtMA Certified Mediator
- January 6 – 10, 2020, 8:00- 5:00
- $1000.00 (early registration through 12/15 and group discounts as well as reduced pricing for students, and those interested in becoming a volunteer for our center)
- For more information please call (406)543-1157 or visit CDRCMissoula.org
- The Training will be held at the Blewett School of Law at the University of Montana and will be a collaborative effort with the UM Law School
Mediation Fundamentals Training (in-person/online)
- The Billings Mediation Center will once again host this affordable blended (in-person/online) training in the Spring of 2020 (February, March and April).
- This training can be taken anywhere in the state. All you need is an internet connection and (ideally) some local partners with whom to do role plays.
- Click here for more information
- Reach out to the center if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mediation in the news:
Forbes Magazine has been beating the mediation drum recently:
- Last week, they ran a general overview article making the case for the value of mediation in dispute resolution
- And, last month, they wrote a post about how managers can use mediation techniques in the workplace
The MtMA is growing its social media presence and spotlighting members! – The MtMA is upping its social media game, specifically on Facebook and LinkedIn, so please “like” the MtMA pages and invite your social media friends to do the same. Through those channels, we will be sharing informative articles,training opportunities, and other relevant information regarding mediation.
Furthermore, starting in January, we will be spotlighting MtMA members and their mediation businesses through profiles shared over Facebook and on our website. We are committed to making the public aware of the highly-qualified and professional mediators who carry MtMA certifications, and helping MtMA mediators produce more paid work for themselves. If you would like your profile added to the rotation, please email a profile piece to Connie Anderson Herbst at email@example.com.
Let’s make the most of our ability to bring mediation to the people of Montana by expanding your exposure to the public!
How can we be better? We are here to serve mediators and mediation in Montana, so if you have any thoughts, suggestions, questions, needs or feedback about how we can do our work better, we are all ears! You can always reach us via email or over the phone: 406-579-2371